Wednesday, December 21, 2011

PHANTOM LOVE OF A HOPELESS LOVER



What had triggered my emotions was a dream.....
you had visited me once again.
Because we had met there... so many times....
When the moon was at its brightest......and had lit our world.....
where we had sat together hand in hand.....by the side of a placid lake.....
oblivious of everything.....except for the presence of each other....
staring as far as the eyes permitted..
..travelling....those ripples of sheen on the currents......
like always i was too afraid to look at you...lest you would vanish..
and like a miserable sea creature...
I would go deep ....as deep as one could  fathom.....
into the darkness of the other world.....

AND THEN.......
You were gone..far very far away....
but you left behind your love and your promise....
to return..and...to reunite....
we did’nt need words to give comfort to each other....
coz i had taught you the language of silence...
silence that has more eloquence than speech.....
that is  soothing and blissful to the heart...
becoz what had transpired between us was unadulterated and honest....
because I had accepted u with all your imperfections..and you with all of mine..
to the world you were just another thing...impure and unchaste...
but to me you were ...a hope and a belief...
that I wore on my bosom as a prized ornament...


And so the days passed...
and the yellow leaves of autumn wore its green cloth...
and the frozen mountains wept a silent dirge....
meanwhile i realized that between memory and oblivion
what stood as a bridge was time...
and so the course of nature continued...
and so did my morose life...
my days, they passed amidst the humdrum of everyday life...
but my nights,they were like the never ending roads...
the ones we had walked together....
where our laughter chimed and mingled with the noise of the cricket....
where we fought..and we cried....
and you talking endlessly..and me never losing patience...
except for now and then.
when  I  wanted to scream ’shut up now’  at the top of my voice.....


When we had lived in the same world..
and in the same time frame...
we had met everyday...
defying the mammoth of a distance between us...
but  what to do now...
i had sensed this was going to come sooner or later...
the day you had revealed to me the news.....
that you would be living in some other world....
leaving  behind  me  and your memories....


Do u remember how you had left me...
in the midst of the ocean on a starry night...
I had closed my eyes ....
coz i knew when I would open them...
I would see you by my side...
but this was not to happen....
fears kept gnawing at my heart....
ill prognostications kept nudging at my mind....
and I cried..and cried..and cried..
until there was none left...
with  eyes dried..of hope and longing....
I waded myself through an ocean of tears...
at daybreak i reached land..
I looked at the shinig  gold in the sky...
a reminder of a new hope..and a new beginning...
except for the dull ache that weighed me down...
coz the silent universe was my witness...
.....it reminded me of the man I had loved......

7 comments:

  1. Rich imageries and words. Pining for lost childhood love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sayantan :)....and yes its abt a lost love..but not chilhood love...you can meet anyone in ur dreams..even those whom you have lost forever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly...dream monologue :)...i love to write something straight from a dream....but this one's a bit different..it's a dream within a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where are you and why don't you post more often?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!!powerful enough to make my eyes saline

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanx a lot swthrt 4 visiting my blog....and thank u 4 the appreciation...i wiil be more glad if u folow my blog :D

    ReplyDelete